Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: why does this site go down so often?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    Have to agree with ya..It goes down here a lot.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    You can set a watch to the 4:00 pm forum-down.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    Its very annoying. As for the domain, we dont have a domain, so that kind of thwarts that

    Hostboard is looking at an upgrade or maybe selling to someone, I've been trying to research it, when I have time and try to figure out whats what.

    I'm kind of trying to wait to a non-busy time to move it, if we have to, since I dont want to lose what we have, message history, user history, etc, and trying to avoid that if possible.

    I probably wore support out with 'Its down again' comments
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    somebody needs to do something because its gotten really bad again
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    It might go down when a lot of users are on, but that can't be the only reason. I've had times when I can't get on at like 3 or 4 AM. My guess is it's strictly hostboard's problem. They may have too many they're hosting and not enough bandwidth to go around. I know you don't want to lose message history, Rock, but sometimes you have no choice. You might be able to migrate everything over to another UBB forum, but I'm not sure how many of those are out there. The vast majority of forums use vBulletin. And I have no way to know if you can migrate from UBB to vB. The best possible solution is to switch to vB on a really good host server with plenty of bandwidth. That may cost quite a bit, though. But if you can find one or more on here willing to go in with you on it, it might not be so bad.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  6. #16
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    Patriot act, they are sorting thru the posts. If it gets too fast they shut us down. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Some Bald Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It might go down when a lot of users are on, but that can't be the only reason. I've had times when I can't get on at like 3 or 4 AM. My guess is it's strictly hostboard's problem. They may have too many they're hosting and not enough bandwidth to go around. </div></div>
    I woke up about 5:30 this morning and got on after the morning piss and it was down for about 20 minutes for me
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_regiondsports.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2008
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    Trust me, I host two of these things its not difficult to do. If we are ever fortunate enough to garner enough members that the board crashes just once, it will be taken care of within the day.
    [url="http://www.regiondsports.com"]http://www.regiondsports.com[/url]
    [url="http://www.thecavaliersideline.com"]http://www.thecavaliersideline.com[/url]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    The reason is that some people get on here while trying to open up links to porn....activates hostboard's filters and shuts the LPD forum down temporarily. You bunch of pervs!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: why does this site go down so often?

    Just wondering why you felt the need to reply that from my post instead of the last post on the thread??
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •